Quick Cherry Tomato Sauce with Spaghetti
- 2 pints fresh cherry tomatos
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Grapeseed Oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced or grated
- 3 tbsps capers, drained
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (like Pinot Grigio or Pinot Bianco)
- handful of flat leaf parsley
- basil leaves, torn
- 1 lb spaghetti
- grated Pecorino cheese
Heat a pot of salted water to boil for the pasta.
Halve the cherry tomatoes.
Heat 1/4 cup olive or grapeseed oil in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add the chili flakes, garlic, and capers and swirl around for 2-3 minutes; add the wine and the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Add the herbs and simmer while the pasta cooks, 8-10 minutes.
Cook the pasta in salted, boiling water. Reserve about 1/2 cup of the starchy cooking water and drain the pasta. Add the reserved starchy cooking water and the pasta to the sauce and toss for 1-2 minutes. Top with cheese and serve immediately.
From Rachel Ray recipes