Sautéed Chicken Breasts With Muscat Sauce
- 1/4 cup All purpose flour
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, tenders removed, breasts pounded to 1/4-inch thickness (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 4 tbsps Unsalted butter, divided
- 1 tsp Minced shallot
- 1 cup Red Muscat grapes or 1 cup red grapes, halved and seeded
- 1/4 cup Il Raggio del Sole Moscato
- 1 tsp Whipping cream
- 1 tsp Chopped fresh taragon
-Place flour in dish.
-Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour to coat.
-Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sauté until cooked through, about 2 minutes per side.
-Transfer to platter; tent with foil.
-Melt remaining butter in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and grapes; sauté, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes.
-Add wine; bring to boil. Add cream; bring to simmer. Stir in tarragon.
-Season with salt and pepper. Spoon over chicken.
Amount Per Serving (%Daily Value)
Calories from Fat 131 (41%)
Total Fat 14.6 g (22%)
Saturated Fat 8.6 g (43%)
Cholesterol 104.1 mg (34%)
Sodium 82.4 mg (3%)
Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g (4%)
Dietary Fiber 0.6 g (2%)
Sugars 6.3 g (25%)
Protein 28.8 g (57%)
From Bon Appétit October 2005
Learn more about food and wine pairing with our Food & Wine Blog