Join Our Famiglia!
Start your Career in Direct to Consumer Wine Sales at Castello di Amorosa in the Napa Valley.
“One of the best places to learn about customer service, wine sales and winemaking with some history thrown in.” Stephen K.
“The learning opportunity and compensation can’t be beat.” Vincenzo C.
We are an exciting, high volume and fast paced winery seeking part to full time, long term direct to consumer sales people who are enthusiastic and customer service oriented. At Castello di Amorosa, we pride ourselves in providing our guests with not only a wonderful experience, but leaving them with beautiful memories.
Come work at one of the most interesting places in Napa Valley!
- Among the highest bonuses in the industry for top sales staff paid.
- Paid vacation time and other benefits available for part time employees.
- Other benefits, include medical coverage, dental, vision, life insurance and other supplemental insurance, 401(k) with match, wellness incentives, education reimbursement and paid sick leave and holiday pay.
- Full and Part Time positions available
♦ Tasting Room/ Tour Guide
The Tour and Tasting personnel are responsible for conducting tours of Castello di Amorosa and presenting tastings of the Castello di Amorosa wines. We are a fast paced work environment looking for astute sales professionals to serve the wine novice to wine aficionado. Wine knowledge preferred, but not a necessity. You must possess a desire to constantly learn about the winery business, possess excellent communication skills, an unquenchable desire to offer all guests a first rate winery experience, and a desire to rise above the mundane. As a direct to consumer winery with no distribution, the customer experience is paramount. Must be extremely reliable, work well under pressure, and display a positive work ethic. Sales experience a plus. An unique opportunity for the wine enthusiast in you to serve the customer.
- Educate the guests about the wines, winemaking techniques and winery information and history.
- Help customers make selections by building customer confidence; offering suggestions and opinions.
- Contribute to group sales goals by accomplishing personal goals.
- Greet and serve guests in a friendly, gracious manner
- Promote the wines of the Castello by pouring and selling the wines and adjusting content of presentation based on qualifying customer’s personal interest, knowledge and ability to purchase.
- Promote the Wine Club
- Escort groups of people through the Winery along specified routes and explain various winery processes and operations of winery machines
- Provide support for privately booked and winery sponsored events
- Be able to learn and present tour material as directed
- Maintain and restock your working area
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Assist with inventory management
- Project a professional company image through in-person interaction.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills in English a must
- Visibility of work requires attention to detail and discretion with confidential information.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Ability to work quickly and under pressure
- Must have ability to prioritize multiple tasks and adhere to strict deadlines
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s license and have reliable transportation
- Reports to: Tasting Room Manager
Part to full time and long term positions available.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions, and varying degrees of heat and cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and equipment and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is frequently moderate to loud.
This is a part time to full time, non-exempt, variable hour position. Daytime weekend availability required.
Please send resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org
♦ Reservation Assistant/ Cashier
Previous cashier and money handling experience is preferred. Must be extremely reliable, work well under pressure, and display a positive work ethic. Applicants must be comfortable multi-tasking.
Work at one of the most interesting places in the Napa Valley!
Duties may include:
- Project a professional company image through in-person and phone interactions.
- Greeting visitors.
- Tour and wine tasting ticket sales.
- Answering phones and taking tour reservations via phone and in person.
- Opening, counting, closing, and balancing a register drawer.
- Ringing orders for shipping out of state and internationally.
- Maintaining timely transaction sessions.
- Accurate data entry of customer information for shipping orders and tour reservations.
- Properly counting back change to customers.
- Stocking wine and gift items
- Being flexible with scheduling.
- Arriving to work on time and ready to start right away.
- Recommending various food and entertainment venues to customers around the Napa Valley.
- Working possible long hours/ evening events on occasion.
- Weekend work REQUIRED. No exceptions.
- Other responsibilities as directed.
- Cash Register/POS system operation.
- Making change.
- Balancing tills.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Basic math skills required including adding, subtracting, multiplication and division.
- Computer skills required.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Excellent telephone protocol.
- Wine knowledge preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Please send resumé to email@example.com
♦ Cashier/Reservation Desk Manager
The Cashier/Reservation Desk Manager is responsible for conducting and prioritizing the day to day operations of the Castello di Amorosa Point of Sale Systems and the training and scheduling of Cashiers and Reservation Assistants in the Register Room(s) and Reservation Desk. This position also works closely with the Tasting Room Manager to coordinate staffing needs for various situations including events.
Job responsibilities for the Cashier/Reservation Desk Manager may include:
- Oversees the opening, balancing, and closing of registers including accuracy of paperwork. Verifies and manages opening and closing balances
- Creates and Manages daily employee schedules for Register Room and Reservation Desk (including meals and breaks)
- Management of up to 30 Cashiers and Reservation Assistants
- Trains all Cashiers/ Reservation Assistants
- -on use of POS system
- -to properly complete shipping orders and other transactions
- -on Castello di Amorosa policies
- -to have positive customer service skills
- -to work efficiently
- -to create or change various types of tour reservations
- -company and department policy and procedures
- Ensuring that arriving guests are provided with the proper tickets for their tour and/or tasting or guided to the proper areas for tasting or purchase. Ensure outside signage directing customers is displayed appropriately
- Operation of the point of sale system including but not limited to advanced operations such as reporting, returns and correcting orders
- Document employee training, successes and disciplinary issues. Completes employee reviews at year end and communicates needs for improvement and successes during the year.
- Troubleshoots systems when issues arise (frozen drawers, connectivity issues, etc) and notifies appropriate staff of issues
- Closes credit card batches and troubleshoots any unsettled items
- Analyzes work flow and makes adjustments to procedure based on need
- Establishes standards for employee performance
- Addresses customer complaints
- Maintain register change in the safe, prepare requests for replenishment to accounting and is responsible for cash balance, making change for drawers and valuable lost and found items in the safe.
- Replies to customer inquiries, including barrels for sale and remedies incorrectly rung or packed carryout orders.
- Maintain Lost and Found
- Documents overages and shortages, attempt to find reasons for discrepancy
- Responsible for end of day reconciliation
- Handles Voids and Refunds
- Analyses change requirements and maintains change for registers (including needs for busier weekends)
- Accounts for all register reconciliation drops at end of day and verifies all tills are accounted for.
- Oversees limiting of all overtime
- Interviews and, upon concurrence by Administration, hires Cashier and Reservation Desk staff
- Updates register related manuals and other materials with new policies and procedures
- Weekend/holiday availabiltiy is a must
Basic math skills: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division required
Good Computer skills with knowledge of Windows O/S
Knowledge of Word, Excel, Internet and Outlook Mail and ability to learn new software
Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics based software a plus
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English a must
Visibility of work requires attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and discretion with confidential information.
Must work well under pressure in a fast paced environment and be able to adhere to strict deadlines
Knowledge of the Wine Industry a plus
1+ years previous management experience
Excellent Customer Service Skills
Leadership and people management
Accurate typing skills required
10-key by touch a plus
Must have ability to prioritize multiple tasks
Must possess a valid California Driver’s License and have reliable transportation
Must be 21 years of age or older
Reports to: VP of Operations
This is a full-time, non-exempt position
Please send resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org