Barrel for Sale!
A One-of-a-Kind offer from Il Padrone
Castello di Amorosa is excited to offer an exclusive opportunity for lovers of our Cabernet Sauvignon: now you can purchase it by the barrel! When you purchase a barrel, you receive:
- 24 cases (288 bottles) of 2015 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, "La Castellana" Super Tuscan Blend, or "Il Barone" Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon
- A personalized barrel head which will be on display in the Il Passito Reserve Room at the Castello
- Personalized labels for each individual bottle; makes fantastic corporate gifts or to share with friends and family!
- Instant membership in our exclusive Cinquecento Cavalieri Wine Club, which includes an invitation for you and a guest to attend our annual Cinquecento Cavalieri Winemaker's Dinner, where you can hear stories from Il Padrone himself, and Harvest updates from our Winemaker, Brooks Painter.
- We send you the French Oak barrel your wine was aged in!
|Retail Price||Barrel Price|
|2016 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon||$15,840||$11,888|
|2016 "La Castellana" Reserve Super Tuscan Blend||$28,224||$22,579|
|2016 "Il Barone" Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon||$28,224||$22,579|
Contact our Wine Club at 707-967-6274 or by email at email@example.com for more information
See accolades for previous vintages of these wines
Acclaim for the 2016 Vintage from Director of Winemaking Brooks Painter:
2016 Vintage – A lot to like!
Following the very small 2015 harvest, it was heartening to see the vines recover and bounce back to produce not only extremely high quality fruit but also some bounty in 2016! Harvest was earlier than we expected, and we observed optimum flavor and phenolic development progress as we harvested. With the ample rain that fell this past spring, the soils were moist and the vines started growing in early spring and shoot growth was active. Flowering also turned out be optimum, with very little frost, so the individual grape varieties responded and good pollination allowed for a more typical crop.
Across the board, the flavors and acids were exceptional; very fresh fruit aromas and flavors were evident in the whites, and a delicious balance evolved as the harvest proceeded. Acids are firm and pH is slightly lower, so the wines should be well-structured with very good aging potential. During harvest, we saw the reds evolve every as day the skins softened, the tannins became more velvety and the grapes came into their own. This is an exciting vintage with a lot to like!